The 2012 Kit

The 2012 Kit

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Something the same only a little bit different...

An old friend and collegiate competitor that I lived with last year in Tucson stopped by for a visit in Santa Barbara. I got out on some killer mtn trails for a change. If you didn't know it, mtn biking was my entry into the world of cycling, so this was a great throwback to days of unshaven legs, camelbacks and the adventure in the things that we all love to do.

Scott showed up with a big truck.



Then we rode into the clouds and far beyond and it looked like this.



I was on a 29 inch wheelset with all sorts of travel. I have been so used to rigidity on the road and in cyclocross that I was reluctant to unlock the suspension, most of the time, but these new bikes are extraordinarily capable off-road. I've been away from it for a long time, but had glimpses of confidence over some rocky terrain. Here are some photos of our short adventure on Friday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment