The 2012 Kit

The 2012 Kit

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sex in the kitchen

While you're on your lunch break - these are some shots of the carbon mold that's literally almost able to drag me through Santa Barbara's trails.



What's that? Oh, yes, there are road pedals on this mtn bike. I didn't expect to have an alternative to my road bike out here in the great west, so I left my mtn shoes at home.



It's got disk brakes. Does your car?



This costs over twice as much as my car. Ought I be embarrassed? I admit to feeling a little spoiled with my amateur skills on this thing, but I'll take all the help I can get.



No, I'm not sponsored or associated with Specialized in any way. It's a bike I'm borrowing for a week. I started riding bikes when I was a kid. I rode next to my mom on her walks on North Street in Northampton, MA. I'd jump off curbs and splash through mud-puddles. Life was carefree and I let me tires explore the earth around me. So, tearing around on this rig has helped me remember why I started riding. This bad-larry has oversized wheels to roll over bigger things more easily. It's my temporary $9,xxx machine perfect for helping me get navigate technical single-track. Hell, I am riding a mtn bike with carbon wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment