The 2012 Kit

The 2012 Kit

Monday, January 23, 2012

A Story to Share

Lisa and her son Nick Robinson stopped by the TT1 tent on the last stage of the Jayco Herald Suntour back in October. Nick was a young kid psyched to race, but he has one thing against him - he's fighting Type 1 diabetes. He was wearing a baggy set of cycling shorts and an unmatched jersey on top. All smiles.

This reminds me of the days when I put on all my 1 cycling kit that i owned, used a cotton t as a baselayer, a turtleneck as my long sleever and went out to jam with the rest on a cold day. It wasn't about looking good or having all the right stuff. It was about getting out and getting it done in great spirits.



I kept in touch with Nick since October. I told his mother, Lisa, that I had a kit that might fit him better. She jumped on it. The kid races track. TT1 has a future from Victora, AUS.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job passing it down.

    http://hillsandheadwinds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will "The Dragon" fucking Dugan. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete