The 2012 Kit

The 2012 Kit

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Arriverderci

Ok, it's the last day in Terracina that I get to ride long hours and get cracked by my extraordinarily fit-compared-to-me-teammates... We're going for 4-5hrs. I had a birthday on the 15th. I received an orange with a candle carefully balenced in the proper navel orange. 2012 has started out incredibly well. I've been to Italy. I've done my 25 consecutive pushups just about every day regardless of how tired I've been since my 25th birthday, and I've survived a 25hr training week the first week back on the old two-wheeler. Here are a few photos from camp so far. Two are from dinner on the 15th, one is from the beginning of a training ride when Ronny (soigneur) was admiring my set of sharp D2 shoes that I'll be using this 2012 season.


2 comments:

  1. whats it like riding on a team with guys that have diabetes? I ride with diabetes myself and it does pose its own unique set of problems to overcome. I wish you the best this year and look forward to following your efforts.

    http://hillsandheadwinds.blogspot.com/2011/12/stupid-little-rock.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I asked Alex Bowden how his blood sugar was after 2.5hrs of riding. I didn't need to, but it was a friendly reminder. He's one of 5 on the team with Type 1 this year. These guys use CGMs and know have extraordinary control. Try looking Alex up on Facebook and I'm sure he'd be glad to give you some more detail.

    ReplyDelete