The 2012 Kit

The 2012 Kit

Monday, June 13, 2011

Tour de Beauce

There are two reasons to go to Canada: to go to a bike race or go buckwild. If you don't know what going buckwild is like, all you have to do is drive to Canada without the intention of going to a bike race, and you will most likely find yourself doing just that.

Last weekend there was the F1 race in Montreal. I guess that's a third reason to go to Canada, but I'm pretty sure you'd go buckwild if you were there, so it still doesn't fall into it's own priority category.


Beauce June 14-19, 2011

The season seems to be moving along quickly. It's hard to believe I did my first race in January this year. Previously, I started March 1st or at the end of February.

Tour de Beauce begins tomorrow. I drove up the "Jetta" after getting it all fixed up for top performance with new brakes, struts and all-season tires. I jammed up to Canada this afternoon with lots of loud techno and didn't see a single officer. Which was good, because they might have seen how good my new tires look and decided to pull me over.

After some great training at Tim and Lyne's new Topsfield location, I hope I'm good and prepared for the 6 day event in Quebec. I raced here last year as a support rider with Team Type 1 and had a solid race, despite touching down 3 separate times.

This is my first time with the team since Tour of California last month, and it's great to see some familiar faces. I'm rooming with Fabio, my usual mate when we race together. I'll get a candid photo of him at 6am when he least expects it to post tomorrow. Stay tuned and wish us luck. I hear if TT1 gets enough UCI points we can go Protour...

No comments:

Post a Comment