The 2012 Kit

The 2012 Kit

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Back to SB

I've temporarily reached my final destination, though it's been over two days since I've seen my trusted ally in competition. No, blue steel didn't make it. She's posted up in Frankfurt, Germany for a pit stop after the first 11 hr flight from Cape Town, South Africa. Thinking about it, now, it was probably the best move to follow suit and get a hotel room had I known how memorable my second 11hr flight would be after a 4hr layover: two germans sat behind my, the wife was directly situated. She was large. At a reasonable altitude I reclined my seat hoping to catch some shut-eye only to get pushed back upright. I slowly reclined again. Jerked upright. I turned around, peering between my seats as the husband met my eye with his headphones, and in an overly audible startle I go, "Que pass!?" "No spreuken ze deutche or whatever. English ou francais." He made hand signals saying, "not enough room for my wife when your seat is back." "SERIOUSLY? Dude, that's messed up." Ok fine, I'm limitedly confrontational. I went to the middle seat and reclined, contemplating the circumstances, awake, for the next 7 hrs as I just got jostled and jolted every time someone switched positions back there. Sheesh.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment