The 2012 Kit

The 2012 Kit

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My New Home

I feel right at home 800ft above sea-level. I feel like I'm waking up in Nice, Fr every morning: those of you following me in Nice know how much I loved it there. I wouldn't mind living here for a while. This is the poor weather season and it's 50 at night and 65-70 during the day.

Yesterday, my first full day, I started with my two teammates Shawn Milne and Ken Hanson, as well as old Timmy boy who's getting ready for Cross Worlds. I got a taste of one of the more handsome climbs around here, San Marco, where the views were impeccable.

Today was equally as exciting. Every time the road takes a turn the sights are as interesting as the last. Everything is cool here. Just riding down a road and seeing an El Camino with 22's on it is cool; but when the view presents a cluster of Palm trees sprouting from the side of a ravine that shoots down to an ocean masked in a misty fog with a 4,000ft high ridge as the backdrop, my jaw drops. And the best part is, you get to see that kind of view as long as your eyes are open. The shrubbery is also nice here and I like riding in shorts and a jersey.

Shawn showed us a narrow little road that ran along the ridge line with twisty S-bends and some strong 3-500m kickers where Tim and I managed to put a minute into the rest of 'em by the next intersection. Oh yes, there is blood on these rides. Lyne came along for the ride as well today and I'm hoping for some good eats tonight chez Johnson, or should I say chez Bessette?

The only difficulty I'm having is trying to figure out how to manage a lifestyle over here. It isn't cheap around so I'm in search of some small towns along the coast that might offer less living expense. I could very well see myself spending a few years in this area. That said, some photos are due but I don't have any yet. My camera battery charger should be on it's way next week and then I'll start posting some of my own crummy photography for some folks to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. you're a pro now boy, step up and play in the expensive arena's. get a sack and spend some money you cheap sh...........t
    matty o

    ReplyDelete