The 2012 Kit

The 2012 Kit

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2

The Cross season was amazing. Richard @ http://rscyclocross.blogspot.com/ was amazing as were all of our sponsors and supporters that cannot be forgotten. I'm now looking forward to the road season with Team Type 1, but no matter what my training is, or what my 'Cross season was, the challenge will be a hard mountain to climb.

I took a brief rest from racing and riding after the Sachs family's final trip to Cyclocross Nationals in Bend, Oregon. I've pulled a few days of running and mixed with some short trainer rides to hold me over before I make my way to the West Coast for the real training to begin. I've never been to California. I hope Santa Barbara will give me a bold taste of what it's like out there.

My plans are to enjoy one last evening here in Burlington, VT with my greatest friends from College and to make my way home tomorrow morning before I fly out there on Tuesday the 5th, get picked up by friend and coach Lyne Bessette, only to commence my pre-camp training with Big Brother Timmy to help him prep for 'Cross Worlds.

Today, I wanted to be prepared to spin for hours behind Tim's blur of stars and stripes so I gave myself a short preview- a tough 3hr roller ride with College mate Chris Worden finishing with some short intervals in the last 40 minutes to help the body remember what threshold feels like.

I'm going to make the most of my last night in Burlington until March. Adieu until the morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment